MTH: Hudson - Photo and Video page:
(Click here for MTH: Hudson - Repair/Modification Page)
MTH Product Pages:
Boston & Albany #607: (70-3007-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3007-1 (2003 model)
Chicago & Alton #675: (70-3018-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3018-1 - ** Never produced production cancelled ** (2005 model)
New York Central #5405: (70-3001-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3001-1 (2001 model) (Announced 2001)
New York Central #5418: (70-3010-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3010-1 (2004 model)
New York Central #5410: (70-3019-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3019-1 (2005 model)
Pere Marquette #750: (70-3020-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3020-1 (2005 model)
Santa Fe #3465: (70-3008-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3008-1 (2003 model)
Santa Fe #3460: (70-3025-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3025-1 (2007 model)
Unlettered: (70-3021-1): http://www.mthtrains.com/70-3021-1 (2005 model)
New York Central #5410: (70-3019-1): 1g_nyc_hudson_020917afin.mth
Pere Marquette #750: (70-3020-1): 1g_nyc_hudson_020917afin.mth
Santa Fe #3460: (70-3025-1): G041PP3HUDSON26SF_040611aFIN.MTH (File "g071pp3_464____sfe080729afin.mth" on MTH website is incorrect)
Unlettered: (70-3021-1): 1g_nyc_hudson_020917afin.mth
MTH One Gauge Catalogs:
The Hudson is part of MTH's very first One Gauge steam offerings.
MTH Hudson - Photos:
Stock photos of road names published in the MTH catalogs:
This engine was just added to the roster. As far as a few initial thoughts, the engine has great detail, runs smooth & silent (with no motor or gear noise) and has great sound and smoke output is excellent. The engine has a solid and high quality feel to it. The axle, gears and connecting rods are all metal(as is used on the Challenger) and the motor has a ball-bearing on the worm gear output shaft for long life and durability.
It is with this engine that you may really notice the size difference in the 1:32 scale.
Overall, it was a good purchase and am glad to have it in the roster.
Some additional pictures: (Inaugural run on the newly completed 2006 track expansion)
(Right-click and save-as the video before you play and it will run smoother.)
Select the version / quality you want to download:
- Lead Cam #1(Full video) - 14:23 mins - camera on flatcar behind tender
- 218MB/2100kbs - 106MB/1000kbs - 16MB/150kbs
- Lead Cam #1(Part 1 of 4) - 5:00 mins - camera on flatcar behind tender
- 75MB/2100kbs - 36MB/1000kbs - 5MB/150kbs
- Lead Cam #1(Part 2 of 4) - 3:38 mins - camera on flatcar behind tender
- 55MB/2100kbs - 26MB/1000kbs - 4MB/150kbs
- Lead Cam #1(Part 3 of 4) - 2:16 mins - camera on flatcar behind tender
- 34MB/2100kbs - 16MB/1000kbs - 2MB/150kbs
- Lead Cam #1(Part 4 of 4) - 3:41 mins - camera on flatcar behind tender
- 55MB/2100kbs - 27MB/1000kbs - 4MB/150kbs
- Lead Cam #2 - 5:18 mins - camera on flatcar behind tender
- 80MB/2100kbs - 39MB/1000kbs - 6MB/150kbs
- Lead Cam #3 - 1:12 mins - Smoke Unit wicks replaced
- 18MB/2100kbs - 9MB/1000kbs - 1MB/150kbs
You can find additional videos on the Garden Railroad Videos page:
Read about the modifications done to this engine at the Modification link below.
Garden Railroad Modification, Repair & Maintenance
Return to Garden Railroad 2006 page.