Windows 7/8 USB Drivers
New USB Drivers For Windows 7/8
March 26, 2013:
Consumers with USB ports who wish to program DCS or any
Proto-Sound 2.0 or later locomotive with DCS Hardware will need to install the
latest USB drivers for their Windows 7 and 8 computers.
1. Download the drivers by clicking HERE.
2. After downloading them, run the file and it will install the drivers to allow
the DCS Loader program to function on computers with only a USB port.
3. Plug in your TIU to your PC USB connection and
in most instances the PC will announce that it found new hardware and then let
you know that your new hardware is ready to run.
4. If you want to test the connection you can use the Consumer Loader and have
it find the TIU. If the Consumer Loader is able to find the TIU then everything
is installed correctly.
Note – On some operating systems the driver may already exist.
If you are unsure, simply connect the TIU to the PC’s USB port and see if
Windows informs you that your new hardware is installed and is ready to run. If
Windows asks you for a driver then disconnect the TIU, download the driver from
the above link, install the driver, then reconnect your TIU.
5. Install your TIU into your layout. It connects just like any
other TIU. If this is your first TIU then simply follow the instructions
provided with your TIU.
the DCS Tips page
the DCS Install Services page